Be strong my friend....

Hey Daddy,
Don't forget to tell me you love me
Don't be too embarrassed to grab me and hug me
If it makes you feel better, go ahead and slug me
No matter how much you bug me
Just know that I enjoy your company
Laughing when you make fun of me
Remind me to give you a hug goodnight
I never want you to feel
Like I'm leaving you out to dry
Don't be afraid to grab my hand
Just because it doesn't feel right
I never wanna regret
Not doing it later on in life

Hey Daddy,
Please hang on to me
I'm growing up way too fast
Too much of the future
Not enough of the present day or past
Please don't let me go
I want these years to last
I just wish I could let you know
How much I don't want you to leave
How much I appreciate your company

I promise I tried to hold back the tears
But I couldn't, I cried, it hurt so bad
I could've died, it made me so mad
To know that I couldn't stop you from leaving
Now the whole family is grieving
But no one is as hurt as I am
I lost my best friend when you left
I lost my Buddy, my Brother, my Friend

Hey Daddy,
I can't write any more
The tears are falling and the ink is fading
I haven't really been myself lately

Hey Daddy,
I just couldn't hold back
Please just this once...Dad
Please Come Back...

By Broken Wings

Comments

Popular Posts